Today, we are pleased to announce that Blackbaud, Inc., has acquired WhippleHill.
We are very excited about what this means for you and our team in Bedford. Blackbaud and WhippleHill both share a passion for helping schools achieve success as they work to serve families, faculty, alumni, and other constituents effectively. And together, with our combined front office and back office solutions, we now have the power to truly offer you the whole school connected.
Who is Blackbaud?
Blackbaud (NASDAQ:BLKB) has been the leading technology provider to the education and nonprofit sectors for over 30 years. With more than 30,000 customers in 60+ countries, Blackbaud offers a full spectrum of cloud-based and on-premise software solutions and related services to nonprofits of all types, including over 3,500 top schools around the world. The company got its start exclusively serving K12 schools and remains committed to leading the way in the education sector—in quality, innovation, support, customer experience, and more.
What has changed? How will this affect you?
We know you’ll have questions, so here are a few details to help as we begin the transition:
- Corporate Structure: WhippleHill is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackbaud.
- Our Products: The recently released “on” suite of products are at the center of this transaction and will be developed and supported going forward by our combined teams.
- Our Team: WhippleHill employees will continue the WhippleHill vision as a part of Blackbaud.
- Offices: All WhippleHill offices remain open and unchanged. There are no facilities changes currently planned as part of the acquisition.
- Systems and Processes: Gradually over the next few weeks and months, WhippleHill will convert some of our internal systems and processes to align with those in place at Blackbaud. As we do so, we’ll notify you if any of these changes may impact you in any way. But, you can trust that we’re working hard to make changes as seamless as possible.
- Customer Support: For customers and partners, your existing support contract is unchanged; you still have the same terms, service level agreements, and support team.
With this new collaboration, our commitment to innovating on behalf of the education community has never been stronger. This acquisition is just an example of the investments Blackbaud is making to bring even greater value to customers like you in the future. Here are some ways to take advantage of this exciting news within your school:
You’re invited! We invite you to join us for an exclusive webinar we’re hosting to discuss the news with our K12 customers on Wednesday, 6/25 at 2:00PM EST OR Thursday, 6/26 at 2:00PM EST
- Learn more! Ask your Blackbaud account representative to show you the power of “better together” and visit our website www.blackbaud.com/better-
- Inform the future! Your feedback on our innovation process is most welcome! (email@example.com)
We’re excited about what this news means for the education community, and we hope you are too. Thank you for your continued partnership. For more information, we’ve included the press release below.
Nonprofit Software Leader Blackbaud Acquires WhippleHill
Acquisition Expands Cloud-Based Offerings for K12 Private Schools
Charleston, S.C. (June 17, 2014) Today, Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB), a leading provider of nonprofit software and services, announced the acquisition of WhippleHill Communications, Inc., a New Hampshire-based software company that exclusively serves K12 private schools through its innovative, cloud-based solutions.
“We’re pleased to bring WhippleHill’s expertise into the company,” said Blackbaud President and CEO, Mike Gianoni. “By combining WhippleHill’s innovative, cloud-based front-office solutions for parents, teachers and students with Blackbaud’s preeminent back-office solutions and award-winning support, K12 private schools will have access—like never before—to a comprehensive suite of best-in-class offerings that are “integrated by design” to help them manage the entire education lifecycle. Blackbaud remains committed to leadership in the K12 technology sector through innovation and unprecedented quality, customer experience and support. Today’s announcement is an example of the investment we’re making to bring even greater value—both near and long-term—to academic institutions around the world.”
The WhippleHill organization will merge with Blackbaud’s existing K12 education solutions group, forming an expanded team dedicated to K12 private schools. The new group will be led by former WhippleHill President and Founder, Travis Warren, who will report to Kevin Mooney, President, Blackbaud’s General Market Business Unit.
“We’re excited to join the Blackbaud organization,” said Travis Warren, President and Founder of WhippleHill, now Vice President and General Manager of Blackbaud’s K12 Private Schools Group. “Both companies share a passion for supporting and advancing the education sector, and this new structure allows us to collaborate in a way that will springboard innovation and offer K12 private schools an unrivaled solution set. In an industry where customers are frustrated by multi-vendor solutions with lackluster integration, K12 private schools will now have what they’ve been asking for—access to a comprehensive set of solutions that meet their needs and work well together, under the leadership and support of a single technology company that is highly invested in their success.”
The combination expands Blackbaud’s addressable market and further positions the company as one of the largest cloud-based vendors in the world. Gianoni added: “For 30 years, the nonprofit community has counted on Blackbaud solutions to help them change the world. Today’s announcement is a reflection of our unwavering commitment to product and service innovation at the leading edge of the nonprofit sector. Coupled with unparalleled customer service and a passion for seeing customers succeed, we’re well-positioned to create new value for customers, increase profitability and grow competitive share.”