Your school’s admissions system has to function like clockwork to meet the demands of today’s always-on-the-go families. Word-of-mouth referrals are critical and parent frustration can spread like social media wildfire, which means the slightest snag in the process can result in more than missed appointments, unsigned contracts, and overdue tuition payments. Blackbaud has the total enrollment solution for K–12 private schools of all sizes. We connect the dots from initial inquiry to student billing and re-enrollment contracts, creating a seamless process that boosts parent confidence in the school and saves administrators time.
Blackbaud Enrollment Management System™
Online inquiry forms often serve as a candidate family’s first point of contact, and stealth applications are on the rise, making the school’s enrollment management system its front line for first impressions. Blackbaud Enrollment Management System excels with parent-friendly features, like intuitive application forms, self-scheduling appointments, and the ability to do it all on mobile devices.
- Drag-and-drop inquiry and application form builder
- Customized applications with milestone checklists for each school level
- Self-Scheduling feature for admission visits and school tours
- Integrated with the Student Application Online (SAO)
- Secure login for candidates to track their application status
- Online teacher recommendation requests
- Committee Review hub for collecting and managing candidate feedback
- One-click enrollment for new and existing students
- Individualized enrollment contracts with included financial aid awards
- Intuitive admin dashboard to review daily tours, interviews, and other admissions activities
Best of all, completed enrollment contracts automatically provision family accounts within Blackbaud Tuition Management™, Blackbaud Learning Management System™, and Blackbaud Student Information System™, eliminating imports/exports, tedious manual data entry, and a significant amount of lost time.
“The fact that prospective families can log into the website and track their application, see what they still need to complete, and receive tailored communication has made a huge difference for our applicant tracking.”
—Jeff Ritter, Chief Information Officer, St. John’s School, from a Trust Radius Review
Blackbaud Tuition ManagementTM
After a family’s account is created in Blackbaud Tuition Management and set up with data from the enrollment contract, parents appreciate the convenience of mobile account access, electronic invoicing, and a variety of payment options—all of which is provided with built-in efficiencies for the business office, too.
- Apply tuition and fees to an individual family bill or a group of accounts
- Manage extended care with weekly, daily, or drop-in charges
- Provide flexible payment plans determined by the school
- Allow families to choose from a variety of payment methods, including the mobile-friendly platform, to support their on-the-go lifestyles
- Increase payment efficiency with Blackbaud’s effective follow-up service—less than two percent are past due beyond 90 days
- Customize reporting and dashboards by stakeholder
- Protect financial data with trusted privacy and security
Blackbaud Tuition Management also acts as a subledger to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT®, posting payments directly into the school’s general ledger, which saves more time and money and reduces frustration.
Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT
The connection between Blackbaud’s tuition management and fund accounting systems significantly reduces the risk of human error. Account numbers for tuition, discounts, and other fees that are matched in Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT can be predefined to the general ledger, and data is kept clean with built-in features that check for duplicates and make changes before posting. Here are just some of the benefits of Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT:
- Comprehensive fund accounting provides time-saving functionality to efficiently manage complex reporting requirements
- More than 150 report templates are easily customized to provide stakeholders with timely and accurate information
- Flexible chart of accounts includes sub-account dimensions for tracking things like programs, grants, and endowments
- Built-in budgeting contains unlimited scenarios and forecasting into the future, even at the grant or program level
- Pre-built dashboards give at-a-glance access to key performance metrics and insight
- Full payable, purchasing, and requisition subledgers are included
Blackbaud Financial Aid ManagementTM
Second guessing shouldn’t be second nature to financial aid awards. Blackbaud Financial Aid Management delivers the necessary customization, documentation review, and comprehensive reporting to confidently grant awards to the most deserving families.
- The solution is free for schools to use with a nominal application fee charged to families (schools have the option to assume the fee)
- Available in English and Spanish, the comprehensive online application is designed for ease of completion
- Customize up to 20 application questions to collect the information that’s most important to your school
- A fair and equitable award formula is created based on your school’s policies and enrollment parameters, as well as the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics housing data
- Families save time by directly uploading documents such as tax returns, W-2 forms, and pay stubs to the secure online parent portal
- All applications are reviewed by Blackbaud professionals for greater accuracy
- Comprehensive reporting provides recommended need for each family that has applied
- Post awards directly to Blackbaud Tuition Management
To learn more about how Blackbaud solutions can connect your school’s admissions office, visit k12.blackbaud.com or contact your account representative.