Accomplished videographer & school consultant Hans Mundahl’s upcoming free online course on video production got me thinking.
Teaching schools to be better at video production?
What a great way to give back to your audience and share your expertise in a way that’s helpful.
Take the course, learn about the latest techniques, roll up your sleeves and apply some of his tips, and on the other side, you’re a little bit better at your job.
Plus, you’re building an even better connection to Hans as a teacher, marketing consultant, and person.
It’s a fantastic example of how being helpful isn’t just nice; it’s a great marketing strategy.
In episode 19 of Blackbaud K-12’s Get Connected Podcast, Hans Mundahl of Hans Mundahl & Associates returns to the show to talk about the concept of “helpful marketing” and how private schools can embrace the opportunity.
For a full breakdown of what we covered, make sure to check out the episode notes below.
If you’re a fan of the podcast, please do us a favor and rate and review the show on iTunes. We very much appreciate your support!
- Hans is hosting a new online course on producing video. Why? Given video user trends, easy access to production & editing tools, and the way video can be pinpointed to support the entire admission funnel, now’s a great time to dive into video production.
- Based on his work and numerous conversations with schools, Hans talks about how video in the context of helpful marketing. He answers how it can be produced to help families as they work their way through the “buyer’s journey.” Make sure to jot down some of his examples — he offers actionable advice!
- Don’t miss out on the e-book Chuck English wrote that talks about personalizing the parent experience at your school. It expands upon much of what Hans’ shares, plus it includes a worksheet to help you sketch out ways to be helpful through marketing personalization.
- Hans shares how schools can differentiate themselves from the competition using video. What are some ways to approach video content?
- Hans was kind enough to point us in the direction of schools that are doing it well. Check out his recommendations below:
- A good example of a company that uses their marketing might to teach and inform is Wistia. Hans’ breaks down their approach and brainstorms ways schools can build on the Wistia model.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Peter Baron