Hold your hats—we’re offering the opportunity to win a free trip to Blackbaud K–12’s 2019 User Conference! We can’t say where the conference will be yet (listen to the latest Get Connected podcast for a hint), but it is taking place July 9-11, and the prize package includes an admissions ticket, airfare, hotel, and a $150 Visa gift card.
How do you enter the contest?
Step 1: Download our new eBook (above), Summer Sprint: Tackling That School Marketing Project Before September by content marketing strategist Emily Cretella. The eBook is packed with tips to pick a doable summer project, plan your strategy, develop a timeline, and stay focused.
Step 2: Pick your school’s summer marketing project. With all of the great advice in the eBook, this should be a cinch!
Step 3: Enter to win by reading the full contest rules and submitting the form below by July 27, 2018.
Step 4: Get to work on your summer marketing project! Finalists will be announced by August 24. Good luck!
Summer Marketing Sprint Contest Rules
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to any K–12 private or independent school in the United States or Canada. Entering schools are not required to be current Blackbaud customers. The school, not the entrant, is the recipient of the prize package. If the entrant is unable to attend the 2019 User Conference on behalf of the school, the school may submit a substitute attendee to K12Conference@blackbaud.com. Failure to submit a substitute attendee by May 1, 2019, will result in forfeiture of the prize package.
- PRIZE PACKAGE: Includes one admissions ticket to the 2019 User Conference; one economy class, round-trip airline ticket from an airport in the United States or Canada to the conference city; three nights (Monday through Wednesday) in the hotel hosting the conference; and a $150 Visa gift card.
- WINNER SELECTION: By entering the contest, you agree to share the details of your school's summer marketing project on a September 19, 2018, webinar. Finalists for the webinar will be determined by a committee appointed by Blackbaud; finalists will be notified by August 24. Each finalist will be given ten slides and ten minutes to explain their project on the webinar.
The winner will be voted on by the webinar attendees. Only three votes are allowed per school; the first three votes entered from a school will be counted. Webinar attendees must register for the webinar with their official school email address. Votes from personal email registrants will not be counted. In the event of a tie, a Blackbaud-appointed judge will cast the deciding vote.
- HOW TO ENTER: One entry per school. Entries closed on July 27, 2018.
- TERMS: By participating entrants agree (a) to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Blackbaud which are final on all matters pertaining to this Contest, and (b) to release and hold harmless Blackbaud Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, distributors, retailers, partnerships, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, directors, officers, principals, shareholders, employees and agents, and their advertising and promotion agencies and Contest promotional partners from and against any and all liabilities, litigation, claims for damages, losses, illness or injuries of any kind resulting from or in connection with the Contest or from (i) telephone, computer, online or technical malfunctions (including busy lines and disconnections) or (ii) their participation and the acceptance, possession or use, or misuse, of a prize. This Contest is governed by, and these rules will be construed and interpreted pursuant to, the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes, and all income and any other taxes, fees and surcharges will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Prize winners further grant to Blackbaud the right to use and publish their proper name, school, and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, winner grants permission for Blackbaud and promotional partners and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winner's names, photographs, likenesses, voices, prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- CONDUCT: Blackbaud reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Blackbaud is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of the prizes, and Blackbaud is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Blackbaud assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft of or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Blackbaud is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or entrants due to or resulting from technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Blackbaud, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Blackbaud reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Contest and in such event to select the winners by random drawing conducted by an independent judging organization from all valid entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination or suspension.
IN NO EVENT WILL BLACKBAUD, OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE BLACKBAUD INTERNET SITE; THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING CONCERNING THE AWARD OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE AND ANY PRIZES AWARDED ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BLACKBAUD CONTACT INFORMATION: BLACKBAUD Inc., 2000 Daniel Island Drive, Charleston, SC 29492.