We’re just days away from April 1st, which means we’re fast approaching the homestretch for this school year. Hard to believe, but the calendar says it’s so.
Understanding where we are calendar-wise, now’s a good time to take a quick step back to measure your school’s marketing efforts to date. It may prompt some high level questions like — have we been effective with our inbound marketing strategy? Should we launch a new school site in 2016-2017?
Dig a little deeper and you’ll likely start to think on a tactical level (and this is where it get interesting). If a new or revised inbound strategy is on tap, you may be focused on personas, content creation, analytics, and SEO. If the compass is pointing to a site redesign, perhaps content placement and the use of calls to action are of interest?
To get you prepped and ready to answers these and many more questions, Scott Allenby, Proctor Academy, and Hans Mundahl, Hans Mundahl & Associates, wrote “The Complete Guide to Inbound Marketing for Private Schools: A Step-By-Step Audit for Your Website.”
They designed this 38-page e-book to help you audit your site to make sure it is a highly functional inbound marketing engine.
Broken into two primary sections, part one teaches you the nuts and bolts of inbound marketing. Learn how to:
- Define and better understand your online audience.
- Identify your school’s differentiators.
- Establish your school as an “industry” thought leader (and why this is important).
- Tell your school’s story using powerful visual images, rich media content, and brand-centric content.
Section two gets tactical. Here you’ll discover how to:
- Set yourself and your site up for success through the use of analytics, SEO, staffing decisions and link testing.
- Clearly communicate who you are as a school through consistent messaging.
- Make the case for why your school matters by articulating your value proposition and understanding how to “sell your school.”
- Use Calls to Action to encourage your site visitors to take specific steps.
Whether you’re starting a new inbound strategy, auditing an existing one, or simply have questions about general site health, this e-book was written for you.
I highly encourage you to download your free copy and register for the upcoming webinar with Scott & Hans. They’ll use the time to break down each section of the book and take your questions. Sign up today!
About the Author
Peter Baron is the Chief Member Relations Officer at the Enrollment Management Association. Prior to joining EMA, Peter served as a senior product marketing manager, for Blackbaud K-12. Peter is the founder of edSocialMedia, a community-driven site dedicated to exploring the role of social media in education. He regularly contributes to various online communities and education conferences like NAIS, CASE/NAIS & SSATB to explain the importance of providing modern, user-friendly experiences for school constituents. Peter also serves as a trustee for Wolfeboro, The Summer Boarding School and is an Executive Committee member of TABS’ North American Boarding School Initiative.Follow on Twitter More Content by Peter Baron