Have you heard? We recently publish a free e-book just for you, The Complete Guide to Inbound Marketing for Private Schools: A Step-by-Step Audit for Your Website.
Written by Scott Allenby, Proctor Academy, and Hans Mundahl, Hans Mundahl & Associates, their guide establishes and explores the core principles of inbound, but it take it one step further and shows you how you can be tactical within your strategy.
It takes theory and shows you how to put it into practice. Given their teaching backgrounds, their approach makes perfect sense.
In episode 29 of Blackbaud K-12’s Get Connected Podcast, Scott & Hans share their thinking behind the book along with many of its highlights.
For a full breakdown of what we covered, make sure to check out the episode notes below.
If you’re a fan of the podcast, please do us a favor and rate and review the show on iTunes. Your support is very much appreciated.
- Scott & Hans share why they thought the time was right to write a guide about inbound marketing dedicated to private schools.
- Part of what I love about the book is the way they organized it into two parts. Listen to hear why they wrote one section on inbound and then another on being more tactical with your site.
- Scott talks about the need to understand your school’s online experience from a user’s standpoint. Learn why this is a foundational piece of any inbound strategy.
- Have you ID’d your school’s “true differentiators?” Discover why is this an important exercise (especially for schools that serve unique niches).
- Becoming a thought leader is critical to inbound success. Scott and Hans discuss why they believe this to be true. They also point us in the direction of schools that are doing it well.
- There’s an art to telling your school’s story. Hear about the important ingredients you need to showcase life at a school.
- So we’ve talked the bigger picture inbound, so let’s get tactical… discover some of the first things a school should do to optimize their website.
- Finding the right school is all about fit between student and school. How can a school site begin to make the case for best fit to stand out from the competition? Scott & Hans break it all down along with providing examples of schools that are doing it well.
- Calls to action… if you read our blog, you’ll see that I’m a big fan (we’ve written a lot about CTAs and landing pages). Hans defines what they are and why they’re critical to a successful inbound strategy.
- If a school wants to audit their site to ID their optimization gaps, what steps would you recommend they take? Hans offers tips.
- Let’s get prescriptive… for a school looking to formulate an inbound marketing plan, what the first piece of advice you’d give to help them get started? Make sure to listen all the way to the end to hear Scott & Hans’ answers.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Peter Baron