Your school’s admissions system has to function like clockwork to meet the demands of today’s always-on-the-go families. Word-of-mouth referrals are critical and parent frustration can spread like social media wildfire, which means the slightest snag in the process can result in more than missed appointments, unsigned contracts, and overdue tuition payments.
Blackbaud has the total student enrollment solution for K-12 private schools of all sizes. We connect the dots from initial inquiry to student billing and re-enrollment contracts, creating a seamless process that boosts parent confidence in the school and saves administrators time.
“The world has changed, and expectations have changed with it. Parents expect everything to be done immediately. There’s no question that we need a technology like [The Cloud Solution for K-12 Schools] to do admissions in today’s world.”
—Jill McGee, Director of Admissions, St. Paul’s, Episcopal Day School; from The Total Economic ImpactTM of Blackbaud’s Cloud Solution for K–12 Schools
Blackbaud Enrollment Management System™
Online inquiry forms often serve as a candidate family’s first point of contact, and stealth applications are on the rise, making the school’s enrollment management system its front line for first impressions. Blackbaud Enrollment Management System (formerly onBoard) excels with parent-friendly features, like intuitive application forms, self-scheduling appointments, and the ability to do it all on mobile devices.
- Drag-and-drop inquiry and application form builder
- Customized applications with milestone checklists for each school level
- Self-Scheduling feature for admission visits and school tours
- Integrated with the Student Application Online (SAO)
- Secure login for candidates to track their application status
- Online teacher recommendation requests
- One-click enrollment for new and existing students
- Individualized enrollment contracts with included financial aid awards
- Intuitive admin dashboard to review daily tours, interviews, and other admissions activities
Best of all, completed enrollment contracts automatically provision family accounts within Blackbaud Tuition Management™ (formerly Blackbaud Smart Tuition™), Blackbaud Learning Management System™ (formerly Blackbaud onCampus®), and Blackbaud Student Information System™ (formerly Blackbaud onRecord®), eliminating imports/exports, tedious manual data entry, and a significant amount of lost time.
“The fact that prospective families can log into the website and track their application, see what they still need to complete, and receive tailored communication has made a huge difference for our applicant tracking.”
—Jeff Ritter, Chief Information Officer, St. John’s School, from a Trust Radius Review
Blackbaud Tuition Management
After a family’s account is created in Blackbaud Tuition Management and set up with data from the enrollment contract, parents appreciate the convenience of mobile account access, electronic invoicing, and a variety of payment options—all of which is provided with built-in efficiencies for the business office, too.
- Apply tuition and fees to an individual family bill or a group of accounts
- Manage extended care with weekly, daily, or drop-in charges
- Provide flexible payment plans determined by the school
- Allow families to choose from a variety of payment methods, including the mobile-friendly platform, to support their on-the-go lifestyles
- Increase payment efficiency with Blackbaud’s effective follow-up service—less than two percent are past due beyond 90 days
- Customize reporting and dashboards by stakeholder
- Protect financial data with trusted privacy and security
Blackbaud Tuition Management also acts as a subledger to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT® (formerly Blackbaud Smart Aid™), posting payments directly into the school’s general ledger, which saves more time and money and reduces frustration.
According to a Forrester Total Economic Impact™ Study, St. Paul’s Episcopal Day School realized the following benefits from Blackbaud Tuition Management:
- 75% reduction in physical checks
- 50% decrease in delinquency
- 26% increase in the collection rate
- $126,829 boost in revenue
Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT
The connection between Blackbaud’s tuition management and fund accounting systems significantly reduces the risk of human error. Account numbers for tuition, discounts, and other fees that are matched in Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT can be predefined to the general ledger, and data is kept clean with built-in features that check for duplicates and make changes before posting. Here are just some of the benefits of Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT:
- Comprehensive fund accounting provides time-saving functionality to efficiently manage complex reporting requirements
- More than 150 report templates are easily customized to provide stakeholders with timely and accurate information
- Flexible chart of accounts includes sub-account dimensions for tracking things like programs, grants, and endowments
- Built-in budgeting contains unlimited scenarios and forecasting into the future, even at the grant or program level
- Pre-built dashboards give at-a-glance access to key performance metrics and insight
- Full payable, purchasing, and requisition subledgers are included
Blackbaud Financial Aid Management
Second guessing shouldn’t be second nature to financial aid awards. Look deeper into family behaviors with Blackbaud Financial Aid Management, and make confident decisions knowing that awards are being granted to the most deserving families.
- Customizable financial aid application calculation settings ensure that the right information is being collected
- Mobile-friendly application is available in English and Spanish
- Applicant families can upload supporting documentation (tax returns, W-2 forms, and pay stubs) within the application
- Blackbaud’s experienced team individually reviews each application and verifies financial information
- HIL Profile gives a complete picture of family hobbies, interests, and lifestyle choices
- Comprehensive reporting provides recommended need for each family that has applied
- You can post awards directly to Blackbaud Tuition Management
Please download the brochure above to learn about the benefits of Blackbaud K–12's connected student enrollment experience.